Don Klipstein

In article 1Go9d.12392$na.2379@trnddc04, James Sweet wrote:

US made might be better if you can find them. Often they all come from the
same factories, and the prices differ because of greed, not quality.

I think the only US made CFL's these days are LOA which are made very
poorly, likely to compete in price.

Most LOA compact fluorescents were being made in China last time I
checked.

In the 1990's I saw LOA ones with USA-made electronic ballasts, and I
saw a cold solder joint in one and loose-fitting contacts (bad enough to
cause problems) in one of only four non-China-made ones that I bought.

I have also had enough LOA lamps not give me as much light as claimed.
On one model I know of them reducing their claim of light output in
lumens, although they continued to claim that the now-2700 lumen one was
equal to a 200 watt incandescent.

- Don Klipstein , http://www.misty.com/~don/cfx.html)