Lurch

Default Wiring a dimmer switch....

Your reply to that (in other branch of thread - not that included at the top
of this message) was:

If it's only a one way switch, as this is, then it doesn't matter.

It would matter if it were a 2way switch and there were three or more
wires.

No it wouldn't.

SJW

Which is an incorrect statement - especially as you then said later:

"I know the placement of wires matters in 2 way switches".

The only thing I can see is that you were being troll-like in making a vague
confusing reply of "No it wouldn't" meaning it didn't matter because it
wasn't a 2 way switch (which was also what the poster said) - but knowing
that it would be mis-understood to mean that the wiring didn't matter on 2
way switches. This replying then went on giving obtuse replies - not
clearing it up early by saying "It doesn't matter in this situation because
its a 1 way switch".

That, to me, is troll-like behaviour.

Actually, what I meant was if it were a two way switch with a twin
coming from the light fitting it wouldn't matter which way round the
live and switch wire went into the two terminals that they were
required to go into, (L1 and L2, or similar).
If everyone would have just left it as my original answer, which was
simple as the OP wanted it wouldn't matter. When people keep sticking
irrellevant posts in threads it just confuses someone who doesn't
know, which generally the OP wouldn't.
If they wanted to know about two way switches they would ask about two
way switches, or buy a book.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.