Andy Hall

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 22:36:39 +0100, Richard Porter
wrote:

On 9 Oct 2004 Peter Parry wrote:

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 17:46:37 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

Sorry for asking such an off topic question.

Does anyone have any idea why the last number that called my phone (I
dialled 1471) has the phone number 00000000000.

Probably because it is an American call centre trying to sell you
something really exciting like err... something really exciting.
They seem to be the main culprits as the US telcos allow them to
present numbers outside assigned ranges.

Normally international calls would just display as INTERNATIONAL.
However recently I got a call from a freind from Belgium who was in the
UK at the time, and his number was displayed complete with the
international dialling code (0032).

I normally have ACR activated and I'm annoyed at the number of UK
companies that make cold sales calls from overseas, and that includes
Lloyds-TSB.

I make and receive calls to and from most countries elsewhere in
Europe and also the U.S.

At least half of incoming calls have the calling number presented - my
(ISDN) PABX logs them.

It appears to be mainly dependent on originating carrier. For example
numbers from most GSM operators appear, and from some countries, fixed
line as well...

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl