G&M

"Capitol" wrote in message

B & Q are successful in sales volume terms, but judging by my filthy
local stores, have serious problems in display, quality and stock
control.

Sound like they need new store managers. We have six local stores with 15
miles or so, three of which are warehouses, but two are indeed filthy so I
never use these. There have been stock issues with tools in all branches
recently but there are apology notices up. B&Qs are generally rarely out of
stock.

Following from the advice I was given many years ago, about
buying shares to hold long term in companies, B & Q fails the customer
buy test of "I WANT to buy goods there".( Screwfix is now joining this
category) The P/E ratio on their shares is poor,

Haven't noticed them on any sell notices yet though.

as is their retail margin.

How do you work that out? They get the best prices from suppliers - in fact
they tell suppliers how much they will pay for an item - take it or leave
it.