Swingman

"John Emmons" wrote in message
"mac davis" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 10:52:12 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message

I'm letting my ignorance show, here... what's the US dollar

equivalent
to 200 pounds??

By the time you get finished paying the various conversion fees ...

about
$US400.

thanks! that opens up a few more options, as a $200 limit wasn't going
to get a whole lotta table saw..

Per XE currency converter, it's closer to $360.00 than it is to $400.00.
You'll probably pay a 1 or 2 percent fee to convert if you pay with a

credit
card. Paypal also does currency conversions.

Good case of google/internet being misleading to the unwary/non-saavy. If
you believe that all you'll pay is "1 or 2 percent" to convert, there's a
bridge for sale in Brooklyn and some waterfront property in Florida that
could cost you less.

Besides the "exchange fess", there is almost always at least one, variable
rate, transaction fee. Not to mention that credit card companies are some of
the worst offenders, witness one of them having to return 800 million a year
ago for "undisclosed fees" in currency conversion charges for use of their
credit cards overseas.

Simply put, as an individual, you are NOT going to realize the rate that any
currency converter on the Internet says when it comes time to pay the piper
.... guaranteed.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/04/04