philski

mac davis wrote:

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 20:35:19 -0600, philski
wrote:

snip

Right now my shop smells of incense cedar. I also get a good whiff of
white oak and it brings back memories of Jack Daniels for some reason.

I like being in the shop - so much so that I have a table and chairs out
there as well as a refridgerator (gotta have a cold one on hand!). My
neighbor has his woodshop across the street too. So when his garage door
is open and mine is open, the saws are running and we often walk back
and forth to see each other's ongoing projects.

I guess I am a tool freak too :

Philski

I can relate to the table and chairs...
I have a couple of folding chairs by the garage door and a tv... if
I'm not listening to the stereo, (every shop has a mega watt stereo,
doesn't it?), the tv is on, mostly for neighbors stopping by to unfold
a chair and visit..
I guess to me, my shop is like some folks "study"... I don't go there
just to make sawdust, but to be in my "own space" and just relax...

It's a place with no pressure, schedules, or deadlines... and you're
there because you WANT to be, not because you have to be..

Exactly! You and I are a LOT alike. I too have a TV (small 12" screen)
that is usually on so I can keep track on my Sunday Football...And the
chairs are those Coleman camping folding chairs....Damn! We must think
the same as well. I go out there and just sit to sip a beer and browse
through some woodworking mags or plans and formulate an idea or two...

Philski