HorneTD

-- --------------------------- Scall5 "JerryMouse" wrote in message ...

Scall5 wrote:

I'm moving into a house soon that has a "rural" mailbox on a

mail

post. Since it can not be locked I am concerned about

someone

stealing my mail (e.g. ID theft). Hence my question, who

sells

mailboxes that lock, has a slot for the mailperson to slide

mail

into, and is less than $30.00? I have searched on the web
(Lowes, Ace Hardware, and google) to no avail. The only ones

see are $200.00+.

Thanks for any insight.
----------------------
Scall5

Buy a $20 mailbox, a lock hasp ($2.95), lock ($3.95). You can

get a

mail-slot for free (DIY). You're in under your budget.

Thanks for the info. I think that this is what I'll do since I'm
not overly concerned with someone bashing it.

A full sized rural mail box will take two or three half cinder blocks
laid on their side so that the interior cavity is the length of the box.
That will make any drive by vandals regret having chosen your box.
--
Tom H