Edwin Pawlowski

Herb Robinson wrote:

I too believe Craftsman tools often get an unfair knock. My first table
saw was a Craftsman and it served me well for many years as I was
learning
my woodworking skills --

Eugene wrote:
I have used crapsman tools for a few years but after replacing the first
one
with a real tool I was then kind of mad at myself for wasting the money on
the craftsman when I could have spent a bit more on better tools and saved
a few pieces of wood and some frustration when the tools didn't perform as
well as they should.

You're both right. Some Craftsman tools are just re-branded tools by other
makers, good or bad. Some of the older tools were pretty good. At some
point, profit at a low selling price became the main theme of tool design
and the quality faded.

If you re-brand tools from Bosch, Milwaukee, etc, the offerings are better
than those from Ryobi or B & D. Use caution and investigate and you may
get a good buy. Sears often has deep discount on the sale items.