wayne

the Post office does not recommend you leave outgoing mail in a non locked
box.

Do a search on mailbox theft and you will see it is huge. Thieve steal
outgoing checks and wash them, put there names in then cash them.
Since it is outgoing mail you don't even know something went wrong until you
get a call about bills not being paid but checks being cashed.

Wayne

"Harry K" wrote in message
om...
"Wayne" wrote in message
how about 90 bucks?

Wayne

"Scall5" wrote in message
news

I'm moving into a house soon that has a "rural" mailbox on a mail
post. Since it can not be locked I am concerned about someone
stealing my mail (e.g. ID theft). Hence my question, who sells
mailboxes that lock, has a slot for the mailperson to slide mail
into, and is less than $30.00? I have searched on the web
(Lowes, Ace Hardware, and google) to no avail. The only ones I
see are $200.00+.

Thanks for any insight.
Scall5

What do you do when you want to mail something? Looks like you have
to drop it off in town.

Harry K