willshak

Mike wrote:

How did you prep the metal? sand then primer?

I sanded lightly to give a 'tooth' to the baked on enamel, because
someone said to do that. After the light sanding, I just used the trim
paint with no primer. I may have to wait a few more years to see whether
I should've used a primer.

Mike

"willshak" wrote in message

Mike wrote:

My 70 y/o house has metal electric baseboard heaters.

A "How to Paint" article in This Old House magazine states
paint the metal baseboard heaters with the same paint that's used
on the baseboards. My buddy says that wont work,
it'll peel. "Should use Rustoleum paint."

Any recommendations for painting metal baseboard heater covers?

Thanks,

Mike

I have no problems with regular latex trim paint. It's been on them for
over 3 years and no peeling yet.