Dorot29701

Back in April I purchased wall-to-wall carpet. It was manufactured by Shaw
Carpet in Dalton, GA., and was made of 100% nylon.

Shaw said it had:

10 year quality assurance - against manufacturing defects
10 year R2XSoil and Stain Warranty'
10 year Texture Retention Warranty
10 year Softbac platinum warranty-against restretch

The carpet was golden brown with gold highlights. About a month after it was
put down, I noticed a spot. It was a large round one that appeared
discolored. Then another one about six feet away appeared and then later, two
more. All many feet away. It was obviously not tracked in, our legs aren't
that long.

I called Home Depot , where I bought it, and they sent someone out. He didn't
know what caused it and several weeks later someone from Shaw came out. He was
an independent inspector and his report said that we must have done something
to cause this because it doesn't go all the way down to the bottom. The carpet
pile measures 1/2 in. and the spots only go down about 1/4.

We are three adults -no pets.

I have complained to everyone I can think of but haven't received any help with
this.
We had some leftover carpet and my husband took it out to the garage and poured
various things (bleach, paint thinner, lacquer thinner) on it and the color
stayed the same. We know it has to be a manufacturing defect.

I advise you to stay away from Shaw products - they don't stand behind their
guarantee. I am disappointed with Home Depot. I really thought they would
help more because the sales slip printed out by HD said the carpet was
guaranteed.

Dorothy