Richard Savage

Default Kitchen appliance isolator

My mythical kitchen is slowly creeping towards installation - I bought
the hob last week!

Now planning the wiring and am mindful of the need to be able to isolate
the power to washing machine, dishwasher, hob ignition and extractor
hood. I _really_ do not want to fit fused spur isolators above the
worksurface so I was going to fit all three (running hob and extractor
from the same isolator) in the space under the sink. However, this is
going to make for quite lengthy, parallel, cable runs and I was
wondering if I could incorporate a single isolator for the whole of the
ring on the appliance side of the kitchen.

Is it possible? And could it be done discretely - I don't want
something that looks as though it could have designed for use by the CEGB.

Alternatively (and probably simpler) would a cooker isolator (switch
only), spurred off a socket on the kitchen ring, feeding the four under
surface sockets for the appliances be acceptable? And could I wire
those sockets in series with a suitable weight of T+E? I'm thinking
that the sequence would be:

Switch ------ W/M --------- D/W----------Hob--------Extractor

TIA

Richard