Mike

Good point, however I sanded through the paint at some places where the
metal is bent 90 degrees.

Mike

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
My 70 y/o house has metal electric baseboard heaters.

A "How to Paint" article in This Old House magazine states
paint the metal baseboard heaters with the same paint that's used
on the baseboards. My buddy says that wont work,

If your buddy is correct, he may be the new host on TOH or at least on Ask
TOH.

it'll peel. "Should use Rustoleum paint."

Any recommendations for painting metal baseboard heater covers?

Either one will work. You are not painting metal, you are painting paint.