Alan Browne

Peter wrote:
Hi All,

I've just found this NG... the subject is exactly what I am after.

I have about 3000 35mm slides, mostly kodachrome 25/64, ektachrome,
cibachrome and lately Fuji Provia. I would like to scan the lot, to a
standard which fully preserves the quality.

news:comp.periphs.scanners would be the most appropriate NG.

In 1999 I bought, for about £600, a Canon FS2710 slide scanner. This
is 2700dpi which in theory should give fantastic results compared to
any digital camera - but it doesn't. The uncompressed file format from