patriarch

mac davis wrote in
:

In the thread about burning out on woodworking, we mentioned quite a
few reasons that we do what we do..
I wanted to add something my neighbor said the other night that really
made sense..

He comes by when he has a project or if I need help on one of mine, or
just shows up some nights with his coffee...

I enjoy just having a reason to visit with my friends. For some folks,
it's golf, or other sports. Others get together to play bridge, or
pinochle or cribbage, and/or enjoy an adult beverage.

My wife quilts. I don't know that I've ever met a disagreeable quilter.

For me, it's an excuse not to be an old grump.