non-standard shower sizes require custom tile.
-B
wrote in message
We have a shower made entirely from tiles and the floor is a concrete
slab. The beams aren't even securely on the floor, so minor wall
pressure causes the seal on the tiles to crack. One obese neighbor
(twenty nearly identical houses on my block) fell through the shower
floor to the basement a decade ago. The house is wood frame built in
1965. What's worse, the dimensions aren't standard (less than a yard
each wall) and the design is somewhat trapezoidal instead of truly
rectangular. Adjacent to the shower are two closets and the main
bathroom bathtub. It is also a big pain because it is one of the
furthest points in the house from any outdoor entry door (so
construction really inconveniences and messes up half the house).

First question: where do I find non-standard fiberglas (or similar
material, eg PVC?) shower stalls and floors?

Next question: anyone have similar experiences they wish to share?

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Health Reform means abolishing FDR's insurance tax exemption]
[To stop SPAM, Charge net-postage] [Abolish 16th (Inc Tx) Amendment]