IMM

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 01:23:30 +0100, John Aston wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote in message
news
On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 00:40:02 +0100, John Aston wrote:

snip

A question regarding an unvented domestic hot water system: Cambridge

Water
tested my incoming main supply and informed me that the pressure =

2.8
bar
and the flow rate = 25 litres per minute. Is this sufficiently high

for
an
unvented supply feeding a family home containing two power showers, a

bath,
five sinks, three toilets, a washing machine and a dishwasher?

snip

Given that you want to soften the water I strongly think that a pumped
storage cistern approach will be best.

Better than an accumulator?

The problem is that a water softener is a _huge_ restriction on the flow

and
with any form of direct HW systems it will be the bottle neck.

Best have a phosphor in-line descaler.

I'm really surprised that 2.8 bar
static on 32mm (25mm inside) MDPE pipe gives only 25lpm.
This implies that the supply in the road is somewhat restrictive.

I wonder if the water meter could be resticting the flow significantly.

It does not make a problem elsewhere.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk