Ed Sirett

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 01:23:30 +0100, John Aston wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote in message
news
On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 00:40:02 +0100, John Aston wrote:

snip

A question regarding an unvented domestic hot water system: Cambridge

Water
tested my incoming main supply and informed me that the pressure = 2.8

bar
and the flow rate = 25 litres per minute. Is this sufficiently high for

an
unvented supply feeding a family home containing two power showers, a

bath,
five sinks, three toilets, a washing machine and a dishwasher?

snip

Given that you want to soften the water I strongly think that a pumped
storage cistern approach will be best.

Better than an accumulator?

The problem is that a water softener is a _huge_ restriction on the flow and
with any form of direct HW systems it will be the bottle neck.

I'm really surprised that 2.8 bar
static on 32mm (25mm inside) MDPE pipe gives only 25lpm.
This implies that the supply in the road is somewhat restrictive.

I wonder if the water meter could be resticting the flow significantly.

It does not make a problem elsewhere.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk