John Davies

On 8 Oct 2004 23:56:56 -0700, (David) wrote:

What do I do now? Do I fill the expansion gap with polyurethane caulk
or can I put DryLok type hydraulic cement to permanently seal out any
moisture?

If the gap is 1/2 inch or wider you can't just squirt in a silicon
concrete sealer. Buy the necessary amount of foam backing strip that
is sold in the same section of the hardware store as the concrete
sealers. Pound the foam strips into the gaps with a hammer and blunt
piece of wood or plastic (to below the surface of the concrete) then
use a silicone or self-leveling crack sealer. The foam will keep the
sealer from disappearing into the bottom of the gap.

John

John Davies TLCA 14732
http://home.comcast.net/~johnedavies/
'96 Lexus LX450