Dave W

Leuf, Yours is an excellent idea!

I thought of this just now and may not have thought it all the way
through, but how bout this. Have your sled only come up to the blade.
Make a dedicated zero clearance insert for this. On the opposite side
of the blade as the sled glue an angled piece of wood to the insert,
with the angle sloping down away from the blade. For 3/8ths or so
next to the blade it can be flat and of the same height as the base
of the sled, ease the front edge so it doesn't catch the stock. Up
until the cut is complete it supports the piece being cut off. Once
the cut is complete since less than half of it is being supported it
falls and slides away from the blade, and it cannot get sucked back
towards it. I'm thinking of a 3/4" base for the sled, which normally
would be overkill but gives more height for the angled piece to do its
job.

-Leuf