listerofsmeg

Rob Morley wrote in message et...
If the cameras are any distance from the PSU you should also probably
use a fairly substantial cable to connect them to reduce any voltage
drop.

What kind of cable thickness are we talking about for 20m runs then? I
bought 0.5mm twincore for the power. I suspect this will be too thin
now...

Mike Harrison wrote...
Having a central PSU and long DC cable runs may also introduce significant
ground loop issues - again using a SMPS may make this worse.
Bottom line, it will work, but it _might_ cause noise in the images.

Excuse my ignorance but what are ground loop issues?