rick pixley

A valuable source for this type of info would be a local woodturner's
club..why not check out the aaw site for the closest to you and give them a
call...In addition,I don't know of any member of any club who isn't a wood
horder, but will always share with a fellow turner..Good luck,Rick
Greg G. wrote in message

Can anyone point me to an online list or other source of native US
woods and their suitability for turning and other characteristics?

I live in a large metro area, and someone is always cutting trees and
throwing them into the chipper. I would rather reclaim what I can and
do something useful with it. Wood like dogwood, pine, poplar, maple,
small cypress, holly, and oaks. Some of this has got to be useful.

I searched the group but didn't come up with anything that covered the
spectrum - only isolated examples.

Thanks,

Greg G.