J T

Fri, Oct 8, 2004, 10:12pm Greg G. turns politician and says:
snip I don't buy HF stuff snip With that said, however, I was
pleasantly surprised by this set of tools. snip

You aren't related to Kerry, are you?

Sounds like you DO buy HF stuff.

I got the $10 set of woodturning tools, I guess 6 years or more
ago. They're still holding up just. Only 5 in the set I think, natural
color handles, but the rest of the description is about the same.

I've got a number of tools from them. Power and non-power. We do
have a store reasonably close now, so I get to look whatever over before
I buy. It isn't as pretty, or got quite as nice a finish, as a lot of
more expensive stuff, but a bunch of their stuff is just as good a
quality.

Every time I go in there, it's usually a bit crowded, what with all
the contractors and all buying stuff. Including power tools. Those
guys use the stuff to make a living. Good enough for them, sure good
enough for me.

Happy owner of bench drill press, 37" wood lathe, 4" grinder, all
from HF, and all painted bright yellow. And, a user of a HF bench saw,
also painted bright yellow - it ain't the greatest, but with a carbide
blade it cuts good, and cuts straight - besides it's all I've got room
for, and all I could afford at the time, and isn't going to be replaced
until it breaks. Nyah. And, many HF hand tools.

JOAT
I smile because I know my God loves me. You on the other hand, he
doesn't much like.