Rick Cook

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:28:20 GMT, patriarch
wrote:

The problem I have is now trying to reconcile the notion of "modest home
with a grand shop". Plus a "large quilting studio" for LOML.

You see where the problem lies? A 24x40 shop is wretched excess for most
of my acquaintances, whereas a swimming pool and a 4500 sq ft home is
somehow "appropriate".

Patriarch

I'm sorry, I don't see the problem at all. Your acquaintances may think you're
a little peculiar, but that's their look-out. To me it is perfectly logical to
have shop space four or five times the size of the living area (less the
enormous library and huge kitchen, of course.)

As I see it this is the direct opposite of the MacMansion. A house built to
suit you rather than to impress other people.

--RC