Andy Hall

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 22:38:00 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

The one I just bought was going for £60, so that makes it the equiv of the
Bosch as they overcharge.

If you want to believe that, it's up to you.

If you read previous threads on jigsaws, you would find that there is
an enormous difference between a £30 B&D jigsaw and a professional
grade one.

A Power Devil just beat a DeWalt jigsaw in a Which test.

For tool purchases, Which? would be the last place I'd look for
comparisons.

At one stage I had one of the B&D ones
and had assumed that all jigsaws had
wandering blades, high vibration and generally poor
handling.

My new £6 one is spot on.

I'm pleased to hear that.

I had the opportunity to try out one of the Bosch ones and it's like
chalk and cheese. I do quite a lot of work with it.

If you're going to buy a £30 jigsaw and you're only going to do
occasional and rough work with it, then I agree, go and buy the £6
one. You wouldn't even bother to return it to the store when it
breaks.

I assume they come with a motor? ;-)

And a 3 year guarantee, which the Bosch does not have.

Completely irrelevant. When it breaks, are you really going to take
the trouble to take it back to Argos?

Do you imagine that they will have stock to replace it? The maximum
that you will get is a £6 voucher which won't even cover your bus
fare, let alone the time involved.

Why do you imagine that the price is £6? Either the product is a
total dud and didn't sell, or it's an end of line, or both.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl