Rick Dipper

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 19:53:40 +0100, Peter
wrote:

Rick Dipper wrote

JPEG is a compressed format. The compressors remove detail in order to
compress further, most software allows you yo alter the "quality" of
the JPEG. I would scan to a BMP, and then use some photo processing
software to save as JPEG.

Indeed - but

a) saving it as a BMP, or scanning direct into Photoshop, does not
produce any better results, and

b) the Canon software does not give any options on jpeg quality.

Peter.

Then I would suggest your scanner is somewhat less than 2500dpi, and
its got some clever maths in the software that guesses what colour the
dots inbetween should be.

Rick