IMM

"IMM" wrote in message

"mike. buckley" wrote in message
k...
In message , sPoNiX
writes
On 08 Oct 2004 13:17:42 GMT, Ian Stirling
wrote:

sPoNiX wrote:
www.argos.co.uk, product code 710/6811, was ?59.99, now ?6!

Out of stock.
Annoyingly it seemed to take the order, but screwed up on a cookie
error before the end.
When I restarted, it was out of stock.

I managed to reserve one online for collection at my local store.

Try the "Click and Collect" option on the left hand side of the
screen.

sPoNiX

Yup - I pick mine up tomorrow. Brilliant. Now I just have to find a use
for it.....

I have just bought two. £59? It does not appear a £59 machine as Argos

are
selling 700w jig saws for around £40. It is not their own Challenge

range,
but Direct Power. It is reasonably well made by the feel and for £6 an
absolute bargain. It is far better than the B&D crap I currently have

that
cost a far, far more than £6. Comes complete with case and saws. Buy a

few
and keep them for Xmas presents.

I had a little go of it and it goes fine. Vibrates a little, not too much,
on the fastest speed, drop the speed a little and smooth enough. Nice
speed control. Cushioned handle.

What the web site never said:
4 position pendulum positions.
Vacumm cleaner adaptor to extract dust (very handy),
No tool quick change blade mechanism works well, and very handy too
6 blades

Oh and a 3 year warranty.

For £6 I'm glad I bought 2.