Jay Windley

"Rick Cook" wrote in message

| Because the people they're trying to impress wouldn't know good
| design and fine workmanship if it ran out from under the front
| porch and bit them on the leg.

That's really too bad.

| Depends on what you're trying to do. My wife and I occasionally
| play the 'when we win the lottery' game where we design our ideal
| house.

Yes, I do that too.

Obviously you have to stay within your means on any project, and that means
trade-offs. At least with me there's always a difference between what I
want and what I can afford. The band saw I really want isn't the band saw I
can afford. Which is okay too, in a way, because the band saw I really want
would only fit in the shop I really want, which again isn't the shop I can
afford.

I suppose we all have our own ideas about what constitutes "nice things".

--Jay