Mike

patriarch wrote in message 9.17...
(mike) wrote in
om:

"nivek" wrote in message
I've been looking at the Dewalt DW703. Any opinions?

If this is the 12" compound miter saw your referring to, buy it , it's
an excellent saw. I have used these saws since they first came out, I
am not a big Dewalt fan, but this saw is one of their better tools
they make.
mike

I think the 12" is the 705, which I own, and about which I agree with Mike.

The 703 is a 10", and runs about $100 less at Amazon.

If you can go for the extra money, the 12" is a "keeper" saw, with capacity
to do everything a homeowner or hobbyist can throw at it. Not being a
contractor, I can't vouch for that use.

Patriarch

Hi all,

SWMBO is warming up to the idea of putting crown molding in the house,
so a CMS (or maybe SCMS) purchase is in the not-too-distant future.
I've always assumed that a 10" saw would meet most homeowner's needs
but Patriarch's post suggests that I'd better rethink that position.
The 12" models typically bump the price up considerably but, if a 10"
model leaves me undersized, the savings is a moot point. What tasks
have you performed on a 12" MS that could not be completed on a 10"
MS? TIA.

Cheers,
Mike - hoping to make a well-informed purchase