Bill Stock

"LRod" wrote in message
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:42:05 -0400, "Bill Stock"
wrote:

The new Ve-hicle came with roof racks, so I thought I was in sheet good
heaven. But upon closer inspection, these factory racks don't seem up to
much.

How much stuff are you going to carry? Almost any roof rack worth
putting on a carry will carry a half dozen sheets of plywood or even a
half dozen sheets (not pairs) of drywall.

No more than a few sheets of plywood or drywall.

I imagine they would scuff up in no time

Who looks at your roof racks?

...and they have no simple/fast way to secure goods.

No opening at all to clip rubber tie downs to? That's all you need.
Unless you're going cross country...

Nothing obvious, but I'll look closer.

What kind of ve-hicle did you get? I have both a '93 and a '04
Explorer and I've carried stuff on both easily.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net