Fogbank

whatever the problem was (or still is) i'd walk away from it and look
for another home.

"Alan Smithee" wrote in message news:uep9d.660926$gE.583257@pd7tw3no...
A house that I'm thinking of buying has a number (20 or more) of what appear
to be 2" in diameter holes drilled in various locations or the basement (800
sq. ft) and then recemented. Someone took the time to mark them sequentially
with numbers ("X13", "X16", "X20" etc.) The only thing I can think is that
someone was either testing for something or possibly trying to level the
floor. The floor does show some minor to moderate signs of heaving, maybe an
inch out of true in the worst spot. Any idea what these holes would have be
used for? The current owner hasn't a clue either. Thx.