Joe Fabeitz

Now girls...Let's all take the weekend off and come back Monday, fresh and
ready to post vile, childish words to those who come here for help.
"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
.. .
Rich writes:

It shows a lot of ignorance to shoot down a practical tool because
personally you don't happen to need it.
True, it's cheaper to use a pair of winding bars, but not everyone has
the confidence to attempt the replacement of torsion springs. Which
is why the SpringKing winding tool exists, to help people get the job
done.

No. First you said "should only be adjusted by a professional". Then
you offer a tool that purportedly helps the non-professional who lacks
"confidence". Which is it?

The statement, "The torsion springs (the springs above the door)
should only be adjusted by a professional.", should be considered a
disclaimer ...

No, that's not a disclaimer, it is your absolute assertion that NO do-
it-yourselfer should EVER touch this work. Are you saying we shouldn't
trust the plain sense of your words? That you speak in obscure code
langauge regarding risky procedures?

This same disclaimer will be found on most competent garage door
industry sites including http://www.dasma.com/,
http://www.doors.org/, etc. etc.

Those groups exist to protect the people in the biz, and to limit
liability, not to promote the prudent maintenance of doors. Which is to
say, not a complete or trustworthy source of information on the
technical subject of garage door maintenance. This is especially true
of their publicity such as on their Web sites.

By no means would I not want someone to replace their own springs,
it's certainly simple enough to do.

Simple? Then why your double-talk about "only ... professionals"? Why
the need for a tool for the timid?

The only thing required is common sense and simple hand tools.

You contradict yourself.

Here's a word from one of my installers:
The springs you are replacing at your website, Kinch, are puny little
springs that any sissy can tackle, it makes me and my crew laugh to
see that you call them "dangerous".

What a bunch. Sometimes you say it is dangerous! You'll be maimed or
killed! Only professionals should touch! Then you belittle those who
call attention with critical analysis to your self-serving
exaggerations, and who publish and promote technical instruction for
free, laughing and calling them "sissies". And finally, you want to
sell us a tool.

If they think a winding bar is a sissy's tool, then what do they think
of the customers buying your little crutch-gadget?

The critical value in reading your self-contradictions and mockery is
nil. No one learns anything, or is even entertained.

You, like too many in your industry, appear to be running a business
that succeeds based on keeping the customer ignorant and frightened,
rather than simply providing a service with honest value. That's no way
to get ahead. It's a version of disparaging the competition, where the
"competition" is do-it-yourselfers working on our own homes.

I still don't know your opinion of us do-it-yourself'ers. Are we
hopelessly incompetent sissies, or potential buyers wisely considering
your gadget?