G&M

"IMM" wrote in message

"G&M" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

Screwfix is aimed at the trade, although they welcome DIYers. B&Q is

aimed
at DIY, except that the newish B&Q Warehouses are aimed at the trade

and
welcome DIYers. One B&Q Warehouse employee said their direct

competitor
is
Wickes and they aim to be always £1 cheaper. Can't say I've noticed

them
undercutting Wickes. And every Wickes place I see has builders vans

outside
which I can't say for B&Q Warehouses.

They've succeeded here in Stockport. Wickes is nearly empty most of the
time and the B&Q trade desk and dedicated entrance/exit is opening for
longer hours.

I believe B&Q Warehouse do trade accounts. I don't know if they give

extra
discounts.

Nope. Just standard "pay next month" terms. And delivery is still
extortionate.