J T

Fri, Oct 8, 2004, 11:42am (Bill=A0Stock) mumbles:
The new Ve-hicle came with roof racks, so I thought I was in sheet good
heaven. But upon closer inspection, these factory racks don't seem up to
much. I imagine they would scuff up in no time and they have no
simple/fast way to secure goods.
I was thinking I could make a 2x4 box (50x98) and dado a some plywood
into the bottom. I'd make a similar cover for the top, with wing nuts to
hold it down.
I think you can buy the glides that sit in the track, so I could use
these to hold the contraption on. I could also use the U bolt trick to
hold it to the existing frame.
Any thoughts?

You must be a Yankee, or something, or you'd have bought a real
vehicle - a pickup. But, don't worry about it, roof racks work great.
http://www.nmsu.edu/~safety/news/auto-safety_image2.jpg

JOAT
I smile because I know my God loves me. You on the other hand, he
doesn't much like.