kwilhite

I believe it was Dave in Fairfax that responded to a similar question by me
almost a year ago. To whit: free wood is good wood.

-kevin
Greg G. wrote in message

Can anyone point me to an online list or other source of native US
woods and their suitability for turning and other characteristics?

I live in a large metro area, and someone is always cutting trees and
throwing them into the chipper. I would rather reclaim what I can and
do something useful with it. Wood like dogwood, pine, poplar, maple,
small cypress, holly, and oaks. Some of this has got to be useful.

I searched the group but didn't come up with anything that covered the
spectrum - only isolated examples.

Thanks,

Greg G.