Christopher

When we were shopping for houses we saw a few with pools, and most of
the pools were in need of some work.

Keep in mind that I've never owned a pool before, but I'm pretty handy
and I think I could have had all the pools I saw up and running within
a month or two.

In my case, if I had made offers on any of these homes I would have
used pool repair costs to haggle the price down.

That said, my suggestions are to list at close to the price you want
to sell for, stating the condition of the pool, but stay pretty firm
on your price. Or you could ask a high price and assume that people
will really want to haggle it down because of the pool.

FYI, we didn't buy a house with a pool because we found one with
something more useful and just as controversial. A pole barn.

Christopher