Joseph Meehan

Art Todesco wrote:
In addition, there is the hot water problem. Most softeners are not
designed to run on hot water. So, one could put a softener on the cold
water line to a washing machine and wash with cold water. If you want
hot softened water, you probably need a separate water heater for the
washing machine. BTW, we had well water and a softener for 25+ years.
A few years ago, they piped in Lake Michigan water. There's really no
need for a softener any more. Mine is by-passed. I will be removing
the softener .... someday.

Good point. I did not think of it, A second heater for just the washer
would seem like a bit of overkill. However with just the cold and using a
cold rinse, that should help. It will also help the wash cycle some when
using warm water.

Still I doubt it it will be worth the effort.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math