Rich

It shows a lot of ignorance to shoot down a practical tool because
personally you don't happen to need it.
True, it's cheaper to use a pair of winding bars, but not everyone has the
confidence to attempt the replacement of torsion springs. Which is why the
SpringKing winding tool exists, to help people get the job done.

The statement, "The torsion springs (the springs above the door) should only
be adjusted by a professional.", should be considered a disclaimer for those
with less than adequate mechanical inclination. This same disclaimer will
be found on most competent garage door industry sites including
http://www.dasma.com/, http://www.doors.org/, etc. etc.

By no means would I not want someone to replace their own springs, it's
certainly simple enough to do. The only thing required is common sense and
simple hand tools.

Here's a word from one of my installers:
The springs you are replacing at your website, Kinch, are puny little
springs that any sissy can tackle, it makes me and my crew laugh to see
that you call them "dangerous". Try replacing something like a quadruble
set of 7-1/4 I.D. triplex springs for a 2000+ pound door, then come talk to
us. Get real Kinch.....