Australopithecus scobis

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 02:41:56 -0400, Rob Mitchell wrote:

Ummm. Aren't paraffin and solvents flammable (inflammable? see recent
posts) I wouldn't nuke anything that could explode.

Quite. The microwave is far more desireable than an open flame, or even an
electric element heater. Home microwave ovens are tuned to the H-O bond in
water. The wax, mineral spirits, and whatnot in my screw lube are poor
antennas for that microwave frequency. So they warm, but not as fast as
aqueous materials. Bonus, the small oven would contain a small fire. I
wouldn't recommend doing large quantities this way, in case the fan is
sparky.

--
"Keep your ass behind you"