dave in Fairfax

Greg, G. wrote:
Can anyone point me to an online list or other source of native US
woods and their suitability for turning and other characteristics?
I live in a large metro area, and someone is always cutting trees and
throwing them into the chipper. I would rather reclaim what I can and
do something useful with it. Wood like dogwood, pine, poplar, maple,
small cypress, holly, and oaks. Some of this has got to be useful.

They all cut well, seal them as fast as you find them or LDD
them. Woodfinder.com is a good place to start looking for
suppliers. What metro area? There may be sawmills near you.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work