Steve@carolinabreezehvac

"Mike" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:46:27 -0500, Noon-Air wrote:

Provided its taken care of and serviced regularly, *normal* design

service
life is 18 - 20 years

I just had an annual done on our 20-year old Lennox Pulse furnace. In
1998, due to a factory recall, the heat exchanger was replaced. The tech
told me today that he would expect another 20-25 years of life out of it.
The furnace is 90-96% efficient too.

Of course you never know...and I am knocking on wood. I've heard of
furnaces dying after 6 years.

The furnace, AC, and water heater in my parent's home are all 27
years old. The Heil furnace has _never_ had an annual
cleaning/inspection. The AC needed a repair once. My dad doesn't even
bother draining the water heater...ever!

We live in Wisconsin too.

So....you think he could have saved any money by doing what the maker of the
unit suggested?

Nah...of course not.