Bob

"Pete C" wrote in message
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 09:51:45 +0100, "Bob"
wrote:

I have one run where the kitchen worktop meets a tiled window cill, both

at
exactly the same height.
I'm wondering what the best way of tackling this might be - using a spoon

or
finger would leave a channel, where I suppose a ridge would be better?

Hi,

Is the worktop secured to the wall below the cill in some way? How
about loosening it off a fraction, doing a flat seal, then tightening
it up. This should make the seal slighly convex and allow some
movement without the silicone coming under tension.

cheers,
Pete.

Not directly - it's fixed to the base unit carcasses, two of which are then
fixed to the wall. It's also part of an 'L'. The whole length of the work
surface is around 14ft - so it would take some shifting! (The window cill is
only 5ft of this, however)

Maybe I'll try to cut a template that I can draw along the bead, to give it
the right shape (and try to avoid a dent every time I cross a tile grout
line!)

Bob