RichardS

Default What options are they for Patio Area?

"Ragworm The Abominable" no@email wrote in message
What options are there for a Patio Area?

Been a while since it's been mentioned in these parts, I think, but the no.1
resource for paving issues on the web is the truly excellent site of Cormaic
(a past frequent contributer to this NG) - http://www.pavingexpert.com/

There's tons of stuff to inspire in there.

This is our current situation.

We have a 'slab' patio which is 12 foot deep and 22 foot wide.
Although the area is usable, there are two problems.

First (less serious) problem is that it's too small, second problem is
that the ground is clay so there is a lot of 'heave' going on
throughout the seasons. If we re-lay the patio, in 6 months time it
would have gone bumpy again

Search around the site's various discussion areas - there may well be
answers to this question.

snip

Agree with you about the decking, btw. It looked good, and very "San
Fransisco" (which was actually quite appropriate... ) when some friends had
an area done in 1995 as part of an imaginitive garden redesign. Has become
the "Black Ash Effect" of garden design now, though....

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk