Bob

"Pete C" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:50:10 +0100, "Ric" wrote:

The FAQ covers it very well:

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/decorating.html#silicone

The only thing I could add is that I found the end of a one piece
stainless dessert spoon best for smoothing a bead of sealant.

First use it at a shallow angle to get most of the excess sealant off,
then at a slightly steeper angle for the final smoothing.

If doing a line from two ends, start off slightly deeper from the
second and go shallower to blend it in with already smoothed stuff.
Then blend the 'join' in with a wet finger. It helps if the join is at
the least obtrusive end.

cheers,
Pete.

I have one run where the kitchen worktop meets a tiled window cill, both at
exactly the same height.
I'm wondering what the best way of tackling this might be - using a spoon or
finger would leave a channel, where I suppose a ridge would be better?

Bob