Mike Mitchell

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 17:14:08 +0100, "TonyK"
wrote:

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
Watched the program tonight, and was wondering...

They claimed to have spent £1200 on their kitchen, which was of decent

size,
including appliances (which looked pretty expensive ones), and

installation.

I buy 3-4 per year, and have a joiner friend that fits them for me for

£400
each. I tend to buy mine from MFI/B&Q/etc middle-range, and with very good
quality fitting they usually look pretty good. For similar kitchen to the
ones I buy the sheds/MFI charge at least £1000 for fitting.

Even if I exclude the extra units that they had in their beautifully
appointed (NOT) utility room, where can one find all this lot for that
price?

Have a look at MFIs prices today, just orderd enough units to do an "L"
2.6x2.6m inc. sink,taps, hob, cooker, extractor and dishwasher (all
stainless). Plus a 2 breakfast bar with stainless legs, plus a utility with
a 1.6m top with a 1000 base underneat and a space for the dishwasher.
Includes a drawline unit and two 1000 wall cabinets. Plinths, cornice and
faced panels for end cabinets. Total price £1198.00, plus its not a crappy
kitchen, doors aren't solid wood but fully wrapped etc so should last a few
years of tenants.

Feeling quite chuffed actually!

How would this compare with IKEA's prices? Magnet's? I've always
thought of MFI as the epitome of crap.

MM