sw

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 18:58:54 +0100, sw wrote:

Fitting came "free" with our recent small bedroom carpet...

I'm surprised you can offer "free fitting" ...

I didn't offer "free" fitting I recieved it. I knew full well that the
cost of the fitting materials and labour would all be covered by the
cost of the materials. Thats why the word free is in quotes in my
orginal post...

Opps! as you get older the distance between brain and keyboard seems to get
longer and allow errors to creep in - substitute "they" for "you".

... 7.50m2, fitted in bathroom, including cutting around toilet and
basin stand for £45.00 ....

Carpet at £6/m2 I'd wouldn't worry about fitting myself an fupping it
up. This bedroom carpet was £24.99/m2, wool mix, heavy duty, expensive
to make a mistake on... The bedroom in question belongs to a 4 year
old boy so in the next 10 to 15 years it is going to take a beating.

Good luck with that, if you can get him to 19 without having to change the
carpet you will have done well. If my 16 year old is anything to go by the
carpet will be hammered beyond belief, I've seen pub carpet that doesn't get
as much wear!.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail