chris French

In message , Dean
writes
However this is not what you will end up spending! The quotes only
allocate a few hundred pounds for the new bathroom (B&Q Warehouse
jobs), for example. True cost will be about £3,500 (Ambience Bain
level C price band)! Also, don't forget that you will need to "tidy
up" outside with some landscaping, and if you "get a little man in"
(to quote mr Titchmarsh), you can figure a few more thousand, then
there is the fact that the builders only quote for 1 double socket in
each room and you will want two or three, etc etc. The builders we had
said we ought to add on about 25% to the original quote to allow for
these sort of deviations,

Odd way to go about quoting - wouldn't it make n more sense to give a
quote for what is actually required by the client?

--
Chris French, Leeds