James Sweet

US made might be better if you can find them. Often they all come from the
same factories, and the prices differ because of greed, not quality.

I think the only US made CFL's these days are LOA which are made very
poorly, likely to compete in price. If you want solid dependable quality
look into the Philips CFL's, but they cost several times what the cheap
Chinese stuff does. For the best in reliability look on ebay for some
ballasts for 13W quad tubes, then find some tubes and buy sockets online to
retrofit your existing fixtures. I've gotten nice name brand Advance
electronic ballasts for a few dollars each, recently got a batch of 4
1%-100% dimmable ballasts for $20, each will run a pair of 18W quads.