Mark & Juanita

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 22:30:13 -0400, Tom Watson wrote:

What is anathema to me is the concept of "volume space".

.... snip
The Chrysler Building rocks; the Twin Towers (rip) suck.

Bobby Venturi can push his concept of Post-Modernism as much as he
wants but the fact is that there is nothing new contained in it. It
is a dissolution and diminution of elements and ornamentation.

I kind of understand where you are coming from, in my opinion, they
stopped writing music in about 1850 or so and it had been in decline from
the late 1780's or so until then with only a few brilliant exceptions.

... so I can see where someone might have the same attitude and
impression of architectural trends as well.

Well, I've spewed my guts on this - have at it.