Mark & Juanita

On 7 Oct 2004 07:42:01 -0700, (David Hall) wrote:

"SNIP
I just got an offer in the mail today from Wood Magazine. It says I

will
get 2 years free if I subscribe to their magazine for 1 year.

SNIP

I skimmed though the mailer yesterday morning. I thought, I've seen Wood
magazine, I recall liking their articles, Sure, sounds like a good deal to
me so I placed the subscription in the mail. 21 issues at the newstand
price of 3.95 (I think); thats about $80 worth of magazine. I didn't like
how they added $4 shipping and handling but subscribed anyway. I guess they
hooked at least one "idiot".

Gary

OK, what is the price being offered? I just got the last "Wood" of my
subscription. The re-up offer is one year at $28 or 2 years at $44
(including their silly "shipping and handling" charge). Are they
offering non-subscribers a better price than re-upping current
subscribers?

Dave Hall

Just got my "3 years for the price of 1" offer today. 21 issues for $24.
Yep, you're getting screwed if you are a subscriber.

FWIW, the combined drill press speed chart and wood screw reference chart
included in the advertising package looks like a keeper. The rest of the
ad package went into the circular file.